Adventures in Color
Wednesday 9:00 - 4:30 $145 Claudine Hellmuth
Student Level: Beginner - Advanced
Type of Workshop: Process and Project - Project is not a replica of teacher’s examples, but rather of student's own design
This is the class that makes color easy and FUN! We'll cover color mixing in an easy to understand way. Even if you have never mixed colors before, you’ll be mixing like a pro by lunch time!! I promise! After you learn how to mix your own paint colors we'll create collages using our new found color knowledge. We will finish off the day with a round-robin collage exchange based on the book True Colors – it’s sure to get your color wheels moving!
Everyone will receive a comprehensive workbook + color wheel to take home. No note taking needed!
Supplies provided by Instructor for use in class:
- Paints to share
- Paint brushes to use in class
- Tags for round robin book
- Some collage supplies to share
- Gel medium
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints + mediums will be provided to share in class!
Students should bring:
- a couple old magazines, any magazines that you have, we will be using them for color studies and for the round robin exchange in class
- If you are at the hardware store, pick up a bunch of paint chip samples in different colors, we'll use them in color studies and I'll show you how to match the colors.
- various papers and elements to collage with - if you can bring a small Ziploc baggie of papers for the class share pile that would be wonderful