Oh Deer! is your chance to snag a bronze impression die and pusher tool to design a unique deer head pendant. The 3-hour evening class will allow students the time to form a deer head focal, have it sawed and ready to go for the second day of class. The next day is when you will have the freedom to design your very own unique and one-of-a-kind dimensional pendants, as I share my "lifted" technique in this class. Whether you decide to add an additional sprinkle of embellishments or not, will be completely up to you; those being small pre-made bezel settings, cast silver flowers, small silver botanicals, or sterling silver raindrops. By the end of the day, you will also be able to form a signature hook and eye, which will be the finishing touch to add to your necklace once home.
Kit/Materials Fee (payable to instructor at class time):
- $45.00 includes:
- Instructions & Optional Patterns
- Deer Head Impression Die
- Pusher Tool
- Solder & Flux
- Soldering Stations and set-up
- Pickle Pots
- Texture Hammers
- Metal Design Stamps
- Dremel Tool & Safety Glasses
Student should bring:
- Sterling Silver Sheet, 22gauge, 6" x 3"
- Sterling Silver Sheet, 24gauge, 3" x 3"
- Sterling Silver Square Wire, Dead Soft, 14 gauge, 1' Or Sterling Silver Round Wire, Dead Soft, 16 gauge, 1'
- Sterling Silver Dead Soft Wire, 18gauge, 1-2'
- Jewelers Saw & Saw Blades (I like to use a #2/0, but use whatever you like)
- Cut Lube
- Bench Pin & Clamp (ex. HERE)
- Planishing Hammer
- Rawhide Hammer or Nylon Mallet
- Brass Mallet (ex. HERE or HERE)
- Metal Jewelry Files, #2 (half-round and/or flat)
- Needle Files (ex. HERE or HERE)
- Flush Cutters
- Pliers, Chain-Nose, Flat-Nose, Flat/Half-Round Pliers (ex. HERE)
- Round Nose or Bail Making and Forming Pliers (ex. HERE)
- Steel Bench Block/Rubber Bench Block
- Sanding Pads (ex. HERE or HERE) or 320 grit/fine sanding pads from Hobby Lobby or local hardware store
- Pro Polishing Pads (ex. HERE)
- Black Permanent Marker, Ultra-Fine
- Ruler or Measuring Device
- Sketch Paper, Pencil or Pen, Scissors (if desired to sketch design)
- Double Ended Jewel Picker (ex. HERE)
- Utility Tweezers (ex. HERE)
- 3-5mm round or 7x9 or 6x8 mm premade sterling silver or fine silver bezel cups (ex. HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE)
- 3-5mm round or 7x9 or 6x8mm round or rose cut cabs, garnets, citrine, turquoise, spiny oyster, etc. (I will also have a limited number of various small bezels, cabs & embellishments, in the classroom for sale).
- Small Bezel and "Hard to Get To" Setting Tools (ex. HERE)
- Sterling Silver Cast Flowers, Posies, etc. (Find some that are not more than a 1/4", goodies from: thesilvertwigshop)
- Choice of chain or beaded chain to complete the necklace (if time permits, but probably not likely)
- Battery Operated Work Light
- Ear Plugs & Optivisors (if needed)
- Personal Safety Glasses
Some workshops may require that you bring supplies or tools that you may not presently possess. If you'd like to place an advance order for jewelry supplies & tools for pick-up at the on-site Jewelry Supply store when you arrive at ARTU19, contact:
Please note that SJ Jewelry Supply has an extensive selection of products but not all of them may appear on their website. If in doubt about the availability of any product, a simple phone call will get you the information that you desire.
Email your order to: email@example.com