Join Sunny on a dolly adventure! She will teach you how to sculpt an adorable face and how to use simple pipe cleaners as a wire armature under Rigid Wrap (the coolest self hardening plaster gauze!). We will sculpt dollies on the first day and paint and finish them on the 2nd day.
Kit/Materials Fee (payable to instructor at class time):
Student should bring:
- La Doll Premier Air-Dry Clay (available at Dick Blick, Hobby Lobby or elsewhere online)
- Pipe Cleaners (about 10-15)
- Cheap Aluminum Foil
- Cheap Wax Paper (to use as a palette and sculpting surface)
- Rigid Wrap (available at Dick Blick, Hobby Lobby or elsewhere online. The 4" x 5 yard size is plenty)
- Sculpting tool: My very favorite tool (for about 20 years!) is this one!
- Anything that you can use to make an eye socket: A regular school pencil with an eraser, the cap of a Gelli Roll pen, etc).
- Flat container for dipping Rigid Wrap (I like the plastic mashed potato containers from the grocery store)
- Gel Medium
- Brushes - small liner, small filbert, any other brushes that you like
- **Paint - I have started using Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints on my dolls BUT if you don't have them and prefer to use Golden Fluid Acrylics, that is fine (or a combination. They work fine together). Here are my favorite colors for faces in both brands:
- **My favorite base color in Paper Artsy Fresco Finish is Nougat or Chalk. Toffee and Midnight for shadows and Golden Fluid Acrylic Pyrrol Red Light for lips and cheeks. Snowflake for white highlights. Any other colors you like for clothing
- **My favorite base color in Golden Fluid Acrylics is Titan Buff. Burnt Umber Light and Paynes Gray for shadows. Pyrrole Red Light for lips and cheeks. Titanium White for highlights. Any other colors you like for clothing
- Liquitex Burnt Umber Ink
- Beads to use for eyes 8mm to 10mm (I will have some available to purchase for a few dollars if you prefer)
- Yarn for hair (I will have some small packets of yarn that I have spun for a few dollars if you prefer)
Some workshops may require that you bring supplies or tools that you may not presently possess. If you'd like to place an advance order for jewelry supplies & tools for pick-up at the on-site Jewelry Supply store when you arrive at ARTU19, contact:
Please note that SJ Jewelry Supply has an extensive selection of products but not all of them may appear on their website. If in doubt about the availability of any product, a simple phone call will get you the information that you desire.
Email your order to: email@example.com